Welcome to the Lemont Library Teen Page!
Welcome to the Teen Page of the Lemont Public Library! Please consider this your space and don’t hesitate to e-mail us with any suggestions about cool links, teen programs, or anything else you’d like to say. We’d love to hear from you! Check out the Events tab for the Teen Times – a calendar with all of the Teen events for the summer!
Summer Reading Program
June 5-July 31
The theme for this year’s Summer Reading Program is “Have Book – Will Travel!” There are two ways to do Summer Reading this year: Paper or Electronic.
Here are the directions for doing it the good ol’ fashioned paper way:
1. Pick up a passport at the Kids’ desk. The passport has the first week’s log inside, and there will also be copies of each weekly log at the Kids’ Desk. If you need a copy right away there are copies of each weekly log underneath the Summer Reading 2013 tab. Just copy and paste it into a Word document and Print!
2. Complete your weekly reading log (must read a minimum of 120 minutes a.k.a 2 hours a week).
3. Drop your weekly log off when you’re done (ideally this should be on or before the last day of the week. e.g. Week 1 runs June 5th-June 12th. You would turn your log in before or on June 12th, not after). You can turn your log in at the Kids’ desk, but if there isn’t anyone there you can turn it in to anyone at the Reference desk or the Circulation desk – they know what to do!
Here are the directions for doing it the electronic, tech savvy way:
1. Check out the e-Passport located underneath the Summer Reading 2013 tab. You can always print off paper copies if you don’t want to submit an e-Reading Log. You do not have to do both a paper copy and an electronic copy. One or the other is perfectly fine. If you don’t think that the e-Reading Log went through you can always ask Miss Alison to double check!
2. Sign up for e-list… MORE INFO. ON THIS TO COME!!
3. Record your reading by typing in your titles and minutes read.(Must read a minimum of 120 minutes a.k.a. 2 hours a week.)
4. Submit your e-Reading Log when you’re done (ideally this should be on or before the last day of the week. e.g. Week 1 runs June 5th-June 12th. You would turn your log in before or on June 12th, not after).
Week 1 – June 5th-12th
Week 2 – June 12th-19th
Week 3 – June 19th-26th
Week 4 – June 26th – July 3rd
Week 5 – July 3rd-July 10th
Week 6 – July 10th-July 17th
Week 7 – July 17th-July 24th
Week 8 – July 24th-July 31st
Miss Alison will contact you if you have won a weekly prize. Don’t forget to include your phone number on your log! All logs turned in on time will be saved for the Grand Prize Drawing at the Lock-in. If you have participated each week, turned your logs in on time, and read the required number of minutes each week, then…and only then!…will you be send an e-vite to the Lock-in on Friday, August 9th. Happy Reading!